I dreamed last night that I was sailing with Kai in Moonbeam, a beautiful day on the New Meadows...we kept sailing up real close to old, sinking trawlers that were moored down by Johnson´s point...
back in the cabin i found Mimi in the bedroom contemplating a crazy quilt pattern, coloring in the colors she wanted. She was making it really bright and jazzy ´cause she wanted Camilla to like it. Then I called Marie to tell her I was home...she said ¨no, you´re coming home in 2 days¨and i realized that I had no memory of flying into Boston or taking the bus up to Bath, and so i must not actually have come home...as I stood on the porch, looking out over the river...

But nostalgia aside, I´m still happy as a clam in mudflats over here, just getting my teeth into our big project. Wednesday we travel to the community of Qishuarani to do a group-workshop interview, so these days we´re printing photos and preparing a guide with questions and hoping to have everything together!!! Here´s a photo of Qishuarani dancing in the Festival Campesino last Monday:
Of course, one of the highlights for me was dancing with the CBC in our very own comparsa...we danced Cholo Corilaso from the region of Chumbivilcas
not too shabby...in this moment, however, we were actually abominably lost...
i was the doll-face gringa. Everyone calls me ´muñeca´
I was very busy the night before growing my hair. Amazing what altitude can do!!

No comments:
Post a Comment